Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why I Prefer Really Right Stuff Pano Gear


The screenshot above is from a 360 pano I shot last night.  Sunset fizzled but moonrise was very cool shining through the cumulus clouds.  Fourteen shots from a Canon 5D Mk II, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, and my Really Right Stuff panorama kit.  The file is 2.25 GB and perfect (the small white masking artifacts are only visible at small magnification and are not really present in the file.)

Awesome!  When the source material is captured properly there is almost no loss from the pano alignment and stitching process and it is, in a word, easy.

There is not always a gear or technology solution but the right equipment really helps.  For this scene the RRS kit was essential to the simplicity and results of the shoot.

OBTW, that is Victoria standing near the left edge of the image shooting her own 360.

I'll put the final pano up when I finish the optimization.

Fiat Lux!

Bull

No comments:

Post a Comment