Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Another Maui Shot

Canon 5D Mk II, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, hand held

Was working a few images to send to the models we worked with in Maui and thought this might be a fun one to post to the blog.

I shot the image with a Canon 5D Mk II and a 24-70mm f/2.8L handheld about 30 minutes before sunset. Nikki, our model, was brave enough to lie down in a relatively cool stream while we shot from every conceivable angle and level.
As a dedicated Lightroom user, I imported the image, edited, and managed appropriately before performing some basic adjusments in the Develop Module. I wanted a little extra retouching and find the Photoshop interface gives me the power and control necessary to get it right. I removed some issues/distractions in the water and then performed a quick Liquify on Nikki's left hand. Hindsight being what it is I think I should have modified the right hand a bit as well. The angle of the shot and the focal length I chose "amplified" the hand and I find it a distraction now. Fortunately, I maintain a Master file within LR and will experiment with reducing it's impact.
As you might guess, I am comfortable with optimizing, enhancing, removing, or whatever else I need to do in order to create the look I want.
Cheers!
Hal

No comments:

Post a Comment