Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quick Images from our SE AK Photo Adventure

7 shot stitched pano of the Dawes Glacier, Endicott Arm
The face is about 3/4 mile wide and hundreds of feet high.

Made it back to Light for one whole day before leaving again for the wonders of Alaska.  The 8 day yacht cruise was amazing.  I will have a more detailed description up as time allows.  The quick version is 8 days of perfect weather, 1000+ bald eagles (much better than Homer,) dozens of whales, brown bears, black bears, Steller's sea lions, harbor seals, more ducks and shorebirds than I could identify, glaciers, icebergs, landscape, and more.


The seven of us shot a total of about 1.6 terabytes in 8 days.  That is after DNG conversion and deleting  about 20+%, so far.

Life changing experience is an excellent way to refer to the whole adventure.


I attached a few shots to this post. Mostly eagles this time but as I process you'll see everything I listed above.





I've scheduled three trips next year on the yacht, two in the spring and one in July focusing on Humpback whales (only four spots left in this one already.)  Details will be on the website soonest.  By the way, yacht living was amazing.  Each cabin had an attached head (bathroom) with shower and five star dining all hours of the day.  Rough, I know.

Fiat Lux!

1 comment: