Monday, November 9, 2009

HDR Panorama of the Rock



A little high dynamic range (HDR) panorama from a shoot last week.  Scenery around here is not too shabby.

I shot the component images with a Canon 5D Mk II and EF 70-200mm f/4L mounted to an Induro C213 tripod, Really Right Stuff BH-55, and a RRS pano kit.  I had six panorama segments and each segment had three HDR components so 18 shots total. 

My workflow is to bring everything into Lightroom where I prep for export to Photomatix Pro.  I normally merge and tone map the HDR components first and then stitch the panorama in Photoshop. 

The image is huge.  Without any interpolation the image would print 24 x 110 at Light recommended print resolution. 

Fiat Lux!

1 comment:

  1. Okay Hal, I am in love. Great Job and composition. You need to show me this shooting point so I can pay another visit to Morro Rock.

    Sevan

    ReplyDelete