Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One More Interesting Note on Gear

From a shoot this AM for a local ranch. Straight from LR.  Yep, the sky was that blue.
Canon EOS 5D Mk II, EF 24-70mm f/2.8, 580 EX II, Hoodman RAW CF, handheld
Thanks to everyone for a great Monday Night Light.  Expect the video recap up tomorrow AM.

As many of you know, I shoot Hoodman RAW cards exlusively. I did a lot of research before deciding to go with Hoodman and I am very happy I did.  The main reason I chose Hoodman was for reliability, these cards do not fail!  Operating the Institute and Light now for almost 2.5 years I've recovered (or tried to recover) files from every card manufacturer except Hoodman.  They are slightly more expensive but I think worth every penny.  We spend a lot on our camera kit, travel, etc., too much to have a card go bad and lose images.  I also chose the Hoodman card for their speed.  I could never quantify exactly how fast until I read the attachment below.

I received this article from the September issue of Rangefinder magazine describing the Hoodman CF card speed and performance compared to many other brands.  Please take a minute to read the article and get to know the CF card a little better.

Hoodman Speed Article

Cheers!

Hal

No comments:

Post a Comment